She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31

Monday, April 7, 2008

From My Kitchen ~ Morning Glory Muffins

We just love muffins for breakfast. This is a wonderfully delicious recipe that includes fruits, nuts & vegetables. And they freeze well so make a double batch and you can have that fresh baked taste next week with little effort!



2 c all purpose flour
1 1/4 c sugar
2 t baking soda
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t salt
2 c carrots, grated
1/2 c flaked coconut
1/2 c raisins
1 apple, peeled, cored & diced
1/2 c walnuts, chopped
3 eggs
1 c oil
2 t vanilla extract

In a large bowl, combine flour,sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in carrots, coconut, raisins, apple and nuts.

In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, oil and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into flour mixtures.

Spoon into greased muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 22 minutes. Makes 16 large muffins.


So simple! This is also a great recipe to "mix it up" a bit. I usually make mine without the coconut but add more apple. Even try some different spices. But believe me, they are perfect just the way they are as well!

Enjoy!
Lea

12 comments:

Megan said...

My sisiter-in-law gave me this recipe years ago, but I lost it before they were ever made. So glad to have it back. I'll be trying these, for sure.

Julie said...

I love your blog--it inspires me every time I read it. It even gave me courage to create my own blog--how's that? Have a great day.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

These Muffins sound like the best! I was looking for something different for breakfast, and this is surely IT! Thanks, Lea!

Cora

Unknown said...

We love muffins too and I'm gonna try this soon, thanks!

Katy said...

oh my dear goodness....lea.....I almost cried (literally) when i got the mail today...in there was a sweet package from you!!!!!!! I absolutely LOVE the apron Lea!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!! It is beautiful!!! I absolutely treasure it!!! Thank you sooooo soo much!!!!!!!!!! xoxoxoxo

Pam said...

Those muffins sound so good!!!
Thank you!!!

Pam said...

I just wanted to let you know that I have something for you at my blog, when you get a moment..!
Pam

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Yummo! I can't wait to try these. We don't eat enough muffins. These sound delicious with lots of fiber. The casserole from last week was awesome. My hubby loved it....

Linda said...

Y'all americans always eat dessert for breakfast! *lol* Don't worry, they do the same in italy..

I can't handle that much (ok, any!) sugar in the morning.. I usually eat a sandwich with cheese or meat.. or a fried egg..

HOWEVER, I will totally get me some carrots today and make these muffins.. and then.. I don't know, we'll have them with 'afternoon tea' and pretend to be british ;)

greetings from the netherlands!

Toni said...

These look so good Lea!And healthy too!!Thanks for the recipe!!Blessings!

Anonymous said...

These sound really good and healthy too.....I will make them with Splenda instead of sugar for my DH who is diabetic......wish me luck!

Linda said...

Update: TRUE! They were absolutely delicious.....!! I wanted to freeze them, like you said but ehmm.. my hubby and daughter didn't leave any.. so I guess I'll have make them again (and again and again?) ;)

Greetings from the netherlands!