She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

From My Kitchen ~ Cappuccino Brownies

Well okay, its not REALLY Monday but somehow that day just got away with me. Spring time is beckoning me to the outdoors and I simply cannot resist the call!

However, I did want to post this yummy recipe for Cappuccino Brownies. My son, Jase, made this and entered it into the County Fair. He took home a 1st Place Blue Ribbon so you know it has to be good! So if you love the blend of coffee & chocolate, give these a try!

CAPPUCCINO BROWNIES



4 1 oz. squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
3/4 c butter, melted
2 c sugar
5 eggs, divided
1 t vanilla extract
3 T instant coffee granules
1-1/4 c plus 2 T all-purpose flour, divided

8 oz. pkg, cream cheese, softened
1/3 c sugar
1/2 t cinnamon

Place chocolate and butter into a large bowl; stir in 2 cups sugar until well blended. Mix in 4 eggs, vanilla and coffee. Stir in 1-1/4 cups flour until combined.

Spread in a greased, foil-lined 13x9 baking pan.

Now beat the cream cheese, sugar, remaining egg, 2 T flour and cinnamon in same bowl until well blended. Spoon this mixture over brownie batter and swirl with a butter knife to marble the top.



Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. Eat the crumbs because you want want to waste one little bit of these delicious brownies! LOL

Cool in pan. Cut into squares. Makes 24 brownies.

Enjoy,
Lea

18 comments:

Katy said...

well, i am not a fan of coffee (are you surprised? LOL..me and my tastebuds, eh?)
But those really do look fantastic and that is AWESOME that your son won 1st place with them!!!! :o) happy tuesday!!!

Anonymous said...

Those look delicious. I plan on saving the recipe to try out later.
Congratulations on the blue ribbon.

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I have a coffee/chocolate candle going right now...what a coincidence! Those brownies look so yummy. Way to go Jase on the blue ribbon! I will have to try those soon!

Deb said...

Hi Lea, those brownies look delicious. I'm not much of a baker though, every now and then I will bake. Im waiting delivery of cookies that I ordered from my nephew that the band boosters were selling as a fund raiser at his school. Now my thing is banana pudding and I make it from scratch. My husband loves it. I saw you on that vine, and I thought (BRAVE) especially when you talked about healing to go for it again. (LOL) Well its good to see you're having fun. Take care. Deb

Pam said...

Way to go, Jase....congratulations on that blue ribbon.
Oh Lea...these brownies look incredable...I'm gonna have to file that recipe away for later this summer; they are definately a must have!
Thank you for sharing!
Blessings,
Pam

Football and Fried Rice said...

Yummy!! I will have to copy this one!! I love your profile picture :)

Julie said...

I'm not a coffee drinker, but I love chocolate!! Those brownies look yummy. Way to teach your boys to cook---that's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

These look delicious. I'll have to try this recipe.

Kate

April said...

Yum!! these look really good!

Rachel said...

oh those look yummy! I will have to try them. Thanks so much for the recipe! :) congrats on the blue ribbon.

Toni said...

Wow!!These look soo good!! I will be making them soon!! When you get a chance stop by my blog!!I have an award for you!!Blessings:)

Anonymous said...

they look good!! I love brownies & thanks for the b.day wishes!!

Paula said...

Ooh wee that sounds good. I love anything chocolate and all things coffee, so what a combo. This one is definitely going into myrecipe box!
Jase, you are da man!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Yummo!!!!! Don't be surprised to see it on the recipe blog!

Paisleyand Polka Dot Patterns said...

good job Jase! Maybe I'll try them...thanks for the recipe

Unknown said...

Yummo! I'm gonna have to write these down and try them out soon, oh maybe for Mother's Day? :)

Linda said...

Ok, so.. there's one thing I just don't understand.. I can't seem to match these two things on your site:

ALL of those incredibly yummy recipes

and

ALL of those pictures of you looking so thin

Are you just cooking up all these things and then let other people have them? What's the secret??? *lol*

Greetings from the netherlands!

Kimmie said...

Those look picture perfect and sound very yummy indeed. Congrats Jase on the Blue Ribbon!
Hugs,
Kimmie