She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31

Thursday, December 20, 2007

From My Kitchen ~ Merry Mochaccino Gift Mix



Here's a delicious recipe for those cool winter nights ~ and it makes a great frugal handmade gift as well.

1 c sugar
2/3 c cocoa
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
2 T instant expresso coffee
1/2 c dry milk

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend well. Pack into tins or bags. Makes about 2 1/4 cups which is enough for 10-12 servings.
Attach a tag with the directions as follows:

3-4 T mochacchino mix
3/4 c milk

Combine mochaccino mix with milk in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer, whisk and heat 'til smooth & frothy.


I bought some lovely Christmas mugs this year. I packed the mix into sealable bags and wrapped them in homespun tied in raffia. I tucked the mix into the mugs and gave them to 3 very special friends! What fun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a nice recipe....I think I will make a few to give to my neighbors, thanks!

Mike & Linda said...

Ooooooooooooooo... Sounds Wonderful!

Thank You :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds like something I might can do! LOL! I see I am not the only on that thought your little annie was a cutie! I hope she found a good annie loving home!

Nancy Jo said...

Hi lea,
Just stopping by to wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS.
I will let you know when the little hearts get here.
Nancy Jo

Unknown said...

Yummy!! I"ll be trying this soon! Thanks for sharing it with us!