She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Apron Crazy!

I have gone apron crazy! Certifiably! My workspace is covered in fabrics, linens & trims. The sewing machine is humming at all hours. And I'm having so much fun.

Here is my latest apron creation. It is crafted from the "Harvest Apron" pattern in MaryJane's Ideabook using Mary Engelbreit fabric.



The large panel on the front is actually one big pocket. It is perfect for gathering eggs or vegetables from the garden. Or for wearing around the house and picking up stray items as I tidy my home. I thought it was a bit too short for most people, but then I realized that its size was intentionally created so that you can gather items in the pockets without them knocking against your knees! That MaryJane sure knows her business!

Here is another apron that I made for my blogging buddy ~ Katy at The Country Blossom.



I hope to have some more lovely "Harvest Aprons" in my FarmhouseBlessings etsy shop soon!

Blessings,
Lea

9 comments:

Katy said...

I LOVE my apron Lea!!! Love love love love love it!!! You are sooo thoughtful!!! I love the other apron you made as well!!! It looks fantastic!!!
Thank you soo much for taking the time, money and energy to make me such a beautiful apron...i will treasure it!!! I hope you are having a lovely tuesday! xoxo

Nancy Jo said...

lEA,
GOOD FOR YOU, YOU FINALY FOUND SOME TIME TO DO SOME STITCHING!Look all caps again, I tend to do that.
The Aprons are really cute!And as you know one is never enough once you start making them. The ideas for new ones just keep comming.
NANCY JO

Anonymous said...

I love that apron with the big pocket - what a great idea! (I'd have never figured out the length part of that, either - good thing somebody thinks ahead!)

Paula said...

That fabric is gorgeous, Lea! You made a good choice in those colors. Both aprons are so neat and pretty! You dun good, girl!

Beemoosie said...

Oh..I love the Mary fabric!!! Very pretty aprons, Lea!! Is Tennesee looking nice and springy yet? Always someplace I'd like to visit! It's kinda warm up here right now, but that could change in a minute!!! Thanks you for all your nice comments, I always look forward to hearing from you!!
Bonnie

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hi Lea! I love this "crazy" apron you made! Love the pics! Hugs, Maryjane Lee

Toni said...

Hey Lea!Aprons have become a recent new love for me!I would love to learn how to sew so I can make some!Is it very hard for a beginner to make an apron?Any tips on what kind of pattern I should use?I know nothing about sewing,but plan on learning very soon:)

Toni said...

Lea,
I was just over at Jubilee on Earth.That was a beautiful story you shared with her!It braught tears to my eyes!I love storys like that!God is so amazing!Have a blessed night!

Linda said...

Hey.... I forgot to answer your question, about how I got that flower-in-a-pot cursor on my site....

This is the code you have to paste in the layout-HTML (paste it where it says 'main wrapper' or 'outer wrapper'

cursor:url("yourimage.cur");

Then, of course, you should look for any cursor images (*.cur or *.ani) online. - And then change 'yourimage.cur' to the url of that file.

If you'd like to use mine, the URL will be:

http://www.amarese.com/recipes/happyflower1.ani

I hope you can figure out my chaotic explanation.. *lol*

Greetings from the netherlands!