She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31

Monday, March 17, 2008

From My Kitchen ~ Pecan Pie

Today's recipe is one that my friend, Julie, shared with me. Last week she brought us the most delicious Pecan Pie. (Thanks Julie!) It lasted only 24 hours under our roof before it was gone. In fact, I had to stop my husband from swallowing this last piece so I could take a photo! And even then I think he pulled a pecan off the end and ate it anyway! LOL

Give it a try. You won't be disappointed!



PECAN PIE
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup butter (melted)
1 cup pecans
3 eggs

Mix sugar, butter and syrup together. Add beaten eggs and then pecans. Pour into 9 inch pie shell. Bake at 375 for 40 to 45 minutes.

Isn't that wonderful? My husband loves pecan pie but he always has to wait until the holidays for our moms to make one. I can hardly wait to try this recipe for myself!

Be blessed,
Lea

11 comments:

Katy said...

oh....my hubby LOVES pecan pie!!! I will have to try this! thank you Lea!!! :)

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Now my mouth is watering, for sure!!!!! I think if I could have one tree in my yard that would produce "fruit" it would be a pecan tree. I think I'm too far south for that.

That pie looks too good to hang around too long. I bet hubby was panting and mouth was watering while you took that picture!

Cora

Devon said...

pecan pie is my favorite!! MMMMmmmm!!! Thanks for the recipe... I'm def going to have to try it out!

Jessica said...

Lea...I just saw your comment. I won a prize too from the blog party. Woohoo.

Now I'm wanting to make pecan pie. Funny...Emeril was making this tonight on tv. But I'd say yours is better.

Anonymous said...

I sure wish they could come up with a sugar free version...Alan would love it....it looks so so good...have you tried walnut pie? make it the same way, really good too....
ps...you've been tagged!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lea-
Just coming by to say Hi & Happy St. Patty's Day!
*sprinkles Lucky Charms*
~W~

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

It really is as if we are kindred spirits. I love pecan pie. Hubby doesn't eat it, so I don't get it often but my Dad does. Look out on holidays!

Pam said...

That pie looks soooo good. I LOVE pecan pie!
I may have to do a little baking this afternoon.....

Linda said...

Ok, I know something......... I'll send you some of my 'exotic dishes' and you send me a slice of that pie?! *lol*

Pecan pies just look DELICIOUS.. and you know what, I have never ever tasted one.. hahaha, how sad is that? Pecans are just, well.. almost unaffordable in holland.. so we always end up with peanuts and cashews instead. Cashews make for a lovely pie / cake filling, when you throw 'em in the blender with water and sugar, and then boil the mixture ;)

Greetings from the netherlands!

Annie said...

That looks wonderful! Thank You for the recipe, I will definetly have to try it!

Blessings,
Annie

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Lea--that pattern is my Mother's pattern! She has collected this pattern for as long as I can remember. I recently bought an electric percolator with cups and saucers--all the parts and working!
I am continually amazed by the similarities......