She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

From My Kitchen ~ Chicken Fettucini

Spending so much time in Chicagoland, we have a real appreciation for anything Italian. This is one of our family favorites!



1 10oz pkg frozen, chopped spinach
2 cups cooked, diced chicken
1 pkg 16 oz fettucini (fresh or boxed)
1/2 cup butter
8 oz heavy cream
Large can of parmesan/romano cheese

Cook spinach according to directions on package. Set aside.

Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the fettucini, following package directions on the package, stirring occasionally.

While the fettucini is cooking, slowly heat the butter and about 1/2 the cream in a small saucepan. Slowly add the cheese to the butter and cream, stirring constantly; add remaining cream. This will be very thick and creamy.

Drain the pasta in colander; add spinach and drained chicken into a large bowl. Slowly add the alfredo sauce, constantly turning over the mixture.

Of course, serve with fresh italian bread & butter and a side of fresh steamed vegetables! Yummy. On the day we made this meal, I was all out of fetticini noodles so I substituted tri-colored rotini. Everyone loved it!

Enjoy! ~ Lea

8 comments:

Katy said...

Yum!!! (except the spinach part....LOL)

Anonymous said...

Lea, I'm going to try the receipe
it sounds great..Keep them coming Thanks Love Mom

Paula said...

Lordy, that looks good! I'm going to the grocery store right now for fetticini! By the way, I meant to tell you last time I love the music! It sounds like a CD I have called "Smoky Mountain Hymns" that features the hammer dulcimer. (One of my favorite instruments!)

Farmhouse Blessings said...

How funny, Katy ~ That is EXACTLY what my children say!

Miss Farm Chick, Smoky Mountain Hymns is one of my very favorite CDs. I could listen to it all day long! Someday I would love to play the dulcimer myself.

Thanks, Mom! I think you'll really like this recipe but I'm not so sure about Dad ??? Love you!

Lea

Anonymous said...

what's not to like? sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

Lea, the recipe looks great and very low carb if I leave out the noodles- I am always looking for more chicken recipes.. thanks

junebugmal said...

That really looks good..Going to
try that one..thanks
Love your web site...
Junebug

shweetpotato said...

Stop it your making me hungry..hehe, well except the spinach can I leave that out? :D Carm