She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

From My Kitchen ~
Three Cheese Baked Pasta

I had planned to make cheese stuffed shells for our supper, but when I went to the pantry there were no pasta shells to be found. So I cooked up this Three Cheese Baked Pasta, and it was so delicious that I thought I'd share it.



THREE CHEESE BAKED PASTA

1 15 oz. ricotta cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup grated Parmesan (a little extra to sprinkle on top if you desire)
1 box (16 oz) pasta, cooked and drained
1 jar (26 to 28 oz) pasta sauce of your choice (we use 2 jars because Jeffrey likes it extra saucy)
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese; set aside.

3. In another bowl, thoroughly combine cooked pasta and pasta sauce.

NOTE: We prefer Radiatore shaped pasta because the little grooves hold the sauce so well, and they're bite size so Colton doesn't need assistance to cut them. Of course, you may use any noodle you prefer like ziti, bow ties, piccolini ... you name it, it works!

4. In a 13 x 9 baking dish, spoon 1/2 of the pasta mixture; evenly top with cheese mixture and then sprinkle with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella. Spoon remaining pasta mixture on top of cheeses. Sprinkle final cup of mozzarella on top. You can even sprinkle a little more parmesan on top if you would like.

NOTE: I had just a bit of shredded cheddar left so I sprinkled that on top, too. Like I really needed those extra calories ... BUT it did add such a nice color to the dish. I like things to look pretty as well as taste good.

5. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.

YET ANOTHER INCONSEQUENTIAL NOTE: I mixed the extra jar of pasta sauce right in before preparing the recipe. Instead, you can just warm the extra jar up separately and let everyone spoon extra sauce on their serving to their own taste. I might do that next time because Colton was very unhappy with amount of sauce in his serving. He has some texture issues and messy is not a good thing for him.

Of course, we served it with bread and butter, and a nice side of steamed broccoli ~ our standard green veggie at most every meal.

Enjoy,
Lea

24 comments:

KKJD1 said...

That looks so yummy! I am going to have to come back when the little one is gone and write it down. Thanks for sharing.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Lea, that looks so good! It looks like a dish we would all enjoy (except Joy...the VERY picky eater)...and not an expensive dish to make! Those kind are best! I'm printing this out, if it's okay to try this weekend!

Thanks for sharing!
Tammy

My Colonial Home said...

Ohhhhh this sounds delicious! I will try it for sure.
Kids love the radiator pasta no matter what it's in because it's so cute...
Karen

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

Lea, that looks and sounds SO delicious!
This cold weather has me cooking good ole "comfort food", so we had meatloaf and mashed potatoes tonight..My hubby makes REALLY good mashed potatoes, but he would never EVER put a piece of broccoli to his lips! Count yourself blessed that your hubby will!! :)

Janelle

marie said...

Well ~ this definitely looks like a tasty dish! It's going right on my "let's try this" list!

Thanks for sharing!

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

Yum!! Now THAT looks scrumptious! I think I'll try that this comming weekend. Thanks for sharing!
Patricia :o)

Countryfolk Keepsakes said...

OH MY!!!! Looks like I'll be hitting the grocery store tomorrow to pick up the ingredients I need.
Thanks so much for sharing! :> )
~Karin

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Now that looks like something both DH and I would love - and I could cook once and we could eat twice! Thanks fo sharing that yumminess!!

ohiofarmgirl said...

I t hink i may try this sometime when my youngest is gone( she can't tolerate any dairy at all). But the rest of us would love it. Dianntha

tam said...

That looks so YUMMY! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Isn't it amzing how we can just invent something new and they are the best sometimes!
~Tam

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Yum! I'm gonna try this one out for sure. Sounds quick and easy and looks delicious!
:)Ginger

Penny @ Miss Pootsie's Primitives said...

YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Lea! We make a similar casserole that everyone loves. It's really yummy with sliced black olives, onions, mushrooms and peppers too! Your's looks and sounds sooo good! Hugs, Penny

Linda said...

yummy! That looks sooooo delicious yet so heartattacky.. *lol* ;)

greetings from the netherlands!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I've made that before and it is so good! Everyone loved it...I'll have to do it again, maybe this evening:)
Rondell

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Okay this is sad but I can't remember if I commented on letting you know that I've tagged you over at my blog lol. I'd love for you to come check it out and if you choose to do it please let me know so I can be sure to read about it okay?
Hugs.
Kim
Oh and that casserole looks yummy!

Juanita said...

Lea,
i will be trying this sometime this week! Thanks so much for sharing. have a blessed day!
Juanita

Doreen Frost said...

This sounds wonderful Lea..we will definitely try it...perhaps this weekend when the children are home from College.

:)Hugs,
Doreen

Paula said...

Mmmm that sounds wonderful Lea!
Any recipe with the words "three cheese" has my attention! LOL

SweetAnnee said...

Yummy and easy..the best combo
Thanks for posting..tis a bit like lasagna
stuffing..
love to you
deena

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

I make something almost just like this and it's a family favorite! Isn't it funny ow some "accidents" turn out wonderful?
Have a wonderful day!

Debra said...

It does look very good, and pretty easy, both things I admire in a recipe!
Love, Debra

Renna said...

That looks scrumptious, Lea! I'm adding it to my recipes! :-)

The Stricklands said...

Not only does this look so yummy, but I happen to have ALL of the ingredients! I know what we will have for dinner tonight :) I always love your recipes and the way you lovingly care for all of your boys. Have a blessed, blessed Thanksgiving!
Love, Mary

junebugmal said...

That sounds like my kind of dish..
I will indeed be making it...
Thanks a bunch... love you alll
Aunt lynda