She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31

Monday, March 3, 2008

From My Kitchen ~ Sausage Potato Casserole

Enjoy breakfast for supper with this hearty casserole. Our family just loves it. Serve it with a side of pancakes and fresh fruit for a complete meal!



Sausage Potato Casserole
1/4 c oil
1/2 c all-purpose flour
2 t salt
1/4 t pepper
4 c milk

8 to 10 potatoes, boiled and sliced
1 lb ground sausage, browned
1 c shredded cheddar cheese

Combine oil, flour, salt & pepper in a saucepan. Cook and stir over medium heat until hot. Whisk in milk, stirring constantly, until thickened; remove from heat.

Lay sliced potatoes in bottom of an ungreased 13x9 baking dish. Crumble sausage over potatoes. Pour flour mixture over it all. Sprinkle generously with cheese on top.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese begins to brown slightly.

Makes 8 to 10 servings.

This original recipe called for pork sausage, but we have substituted turkey sausage, venison sausage or morningstar crumbles. They all tasted just wonderful. And don't forget, you can microwave those potatoes to save time too!

Blessings,
Lea

4 comments:

Paula said...

Lordy girl you cook just the way I like- breakfast for supper! Can I come over?
I have some deer sausage in the freezer I think I'll thaw out....

Katy said...

That sounds really good and totally something my family would enjoy! Thank you for sharing!

Linda ★ Parker's General said...

Thanks, Lea. I will try this soon. My husband works 11PM to 8 AM so we have breakfast for supper pretty often. He loves sausage,too.
I'm gonna put this on my recipe blog, giving you credit!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Come on over farm chick! And bring some of that deer sausage, mmmmm! Katy, you come too!

Linda, thanks for including my recipe on your blog. Glad you like it. I liked your "tweaks" too.

Blessings,
Lea