She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

From My Kitchen ~ Lemon Cookies

I am such a chocolate lover! I tend to make lots of chocolate cakes, brownies, chocolate chip cookies and chocolate creme pies. But for my son Luke, who doesn't eat chocolate, I always have to be certain to make treats that bring a smile to his face too.

Here is a simple but scrumptious treat that is a favorite of my son, Luke, and uses only 4 simple ingredients.

The beautiful pottery star hanging in the background is a lovely gift from my friend, Linda of Parker's General. It was baked with Queen's Anne Lace pressed into the pottery. When it was fired, the flower burned away but the imprint was left. Isn't it beautiful?


LEMON COOKIES
1 box lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
confectioners sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix lemon cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl. Pinch off quarter sized pieces of dough and roll into balls. Dip into confectioners sugar and place on a cookie sheet.

Bake for 8-10 minutes or when tops begin to crack. Remove from oven and cool completely.



You can also experiment with other flavored cake mixes like strawberry or chocolate as well. I haven't tried them yet but have been told that they're delicious too.

Enjoy,
Lea

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! This is quick and fast and they look yummy :o)

KKJD1 said...

Yum, I will have to try those cookies they sound great! Thanks for sharing.
Blessings, Karen

KATHY OF SWEETHOME GARDENS said...

Thanks Lea..those lemon cookies look wonderful.
Kathy

Gettysburg Homestead said...

YAY!!!!! I love simple recipes and lemon. Thank you so much for posting this!

Mary

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

MY DH will love those! SO easy too. Thanks Lea!

CathyJean said...

Thanks, Lea!
They look so good and that sounds fast!
I love your red bowl :)
Have a great day!
Hugz,
Cathy

carolyn@simple~primitive~devotion said...

Those looks so yummy! I prefer chocolate, but I love lemon too!
Have a great day!

Lori said...

This sounds like my kind of cookies - quick & easy.

I checked out Parker's general Store. Do you know if Linda makes these stars? I would love to purchase one.

Anonymous said...

Oh yum, I love lemon desserts! I bet these taste like a quick and easy version of lemon bars, which are my favorite. Thanks for sharing!

Wendy/TheCozyYellowHouse said...

Yuumy!!! I will have to try these!!! Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed day!!~Wendy

Anonymous said...

those look great!! I am going to try those for sure:)

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Those cookies look delicious! A little tea room in an antique store makes them in all varieties. Thanks to you I can now make them!
:)Ginger

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

You know, I made these years ago, and went crazy with them. I bought every flavor cake mix out there and just couldn't stop!!!!! I know there are different things you can add to them, too, to add variety. Now I'll have to get a lemon cake mix. My favorite!!!!

Cora

Mary L. Briggs said...

Thanks~sounds fast, easy, and very yummy!

R~Mary

Katy said...

Mmmmm!!! Chris LOVES anything lemon!!! He would totally enjoy this!!! Thank you Lea! :)

The Stricklands said...

My little sweeties will love these cookies! What a sweet mom you are to remember to bless each of your children in a special way. Have a wonderful day!
Mary

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Although Dh and I aren't crazy about lemon it's great to know that you can use other cake mixes, I'll have to try this:)
Have a good day!
*Rondell*
BTW love the red bowl and star:)

Cozy Home Cottage said...

Lea, the cookies look GREAT! I love anything lemon so I will have to try the recipe. By the way, we have the SAME plates...how funny, great minds run alike, I guess.

Hugs,
Charlotte in WV

Deb said...

Looks yummy, now all you need is Lemon Sherbet. Deb :O)

Expedition Escapes said...

Wow, that sounds way to easy not to try and make them and I like lemon, so this will be a good treat to try. Thanks for sharing.

Julie said...

Yum!! I love recipes with only 4 ingredients. The girls will be able to make those--we'll give them a try. thanks Julie

Leaon Mary said...

Boy ohboy ohboy oh boyyyy! THESE LOOK right up my alley!
Thanks Lea! Love any kind of lemon anything! Pie, cake, cookies,...
BRING IT ON! ;)
Hugs,
Lea

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Lea,

I just love your recipes...

I'm definitely trying this one...Joy doesn't eat chocolate and she loves lemons! She would eat them all day if we would let her...I'm definitely making these for her! She doesn't get that many sweets that she loves, but I bet she'll love these and everyone else will too! I like how simple and how few ingredients are needed! Thanks a bunch!

Tammy

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

These look so yummy! And I think they're easy enough for even me to make. Great recipe!
Patricia :o)

Anonymous said...

sounds good, I am going to try this...!

Renna said...

Yum, I wish I had a lemon cake mix on hand!

I love your bowls! :-)