She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31

Monday, December 29, 2008

Ginger & Spice Muffins

I found a new recipe in my 2008 Gooseberry Patch Daybook. They turned out so good and the house smells delightful! You can also mix only the dry ingredients of the recipe to give as a gift in a pretty jar or decorative bag.



Ginger & Spice Muffin Mix
1 & 3/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 c sugar
1 T baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/4 t ground ginger
1/4 t ground cloves

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; stir well. Place in an airtight container; attach gift tag with instructions.

To make these yummy muffins, add:
1/4 C melted butter
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract
1 C milk

Combine muffin mix, 1/4 c melted butter, 1 egg, 1 t vanilla extract, 1 c milk. Do not overmix; batter should be really thick. Fill lightly greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Makes about 14 muffins.

Both Jase & Luke gave them a raving review this morning!

And for you Gooseberry Patch lovers, they are having a tremendous sale right now. They have a bunch of lovely items ~ some up to 85% off. Usually this sale is reserved for July but now they're running it until January 4th. It's a nice time to shop for birthdays and mother's day!

Enjoy,
Lea

21 comments:

Farmchick said...

They sound yummy!!! I love Gooseberry!!! Hope you had a blessed Christmas....and Happy New Years to you too!!
Hugs~

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Another recipe DH would love! Thanks so much for sharing that Lea and Happy New year from my home to yours, hugs, Linda

Nancy Jo said...

Lea,
They sound really good. I just might have to try these. Posted a picture of your handi work on my site. I was thinking about you today.
NANCY JO

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Lea, those sound wonderful! I love spicy cakes. As a matter of fact, every year on my birthday, I either get a spice cake or a banana cake (they taste similiar to me) with cream cheese icing....besides old fashioned wedding cake...that's my favorite! Thanks for the recipe!

I hope you and your sweet family had a wonderful Christmas and I wish you all a Blessed New Year too!

Tammy

By the way, how do you get the snow falling on your blog? I love it!

Catherine said...

Thanks for the recipe!! I`ll be baking those muffins tomorrow!

Happy New Year!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

They look just yummy!
Have a wonderful New Year and I love those snowmen in the pic♥
Rondell

Simply Shelley said...

Hi Lea,thats sounds like a yummy recipe to try. I love Gooseberry patch. I am going over to check out their sale. Thanks so much for stopping by to see me.
Wishing you a "Happy New Year"with many blessings ahead in 2009!

Blessings,,Shelley

American Homemaker said...

Those look yummy :) I just posted a gingerbread recipe at The American Homemaker

:-) said...

These look delicious! Thanks for the recipe. And thanks for the tip about Gooseberry Patch -- I LOVE their stuff! Thanks for all of your kind comments on my blog -- You are a blessing!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Thanks Lea for the instructions! Thanks to you, it's now snowing on my blog!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Small City Scenes said...

Hi Lea, I haven't visited you for awhile but Nancy Jo prompted me. LOL
I can smell those muffins all the way out here.
Your blog is wonderful.
Please let me know when you are going to do Annies again. Are they on the back burner forever?
Off I go---talk atcha later. MaryBeth

Janet, said...

Those muffins look delicious. And I like your snowmen, too.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Love muffins of any kind, but these sound sooo good and spicey! I love the snowmen, too!!!!

Personally, I could order everything from Gooseberry! Just love their stuff!!!!

Cora

Barb J. said...

These sound great, and I love baking anything that makes my house smell good. I'll have to try them.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

MMMhhh muffins. Now that does sound yummy!
:)Ginger

Maggie Ann said...

I have a Gooseberry Christmas book of recipes and things...but I had no idea they had a store!

the said...

I better go check that out, I have that recipe in my book!! Thanks for giving it a try :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND MANY BLESSING IN THE NEW YEAR!!

~2009~
Stephanie

Paula said...

Those sound wonderful, Lea!
Gooseberry Patch recipes are the best!!

Toni said...

Yummy!!I just copied this recipe and plan on making them for breakfast in the morning!Thanks for the tip about Gooseberry Patch!!I`m going over now to check it out!!Blessings,Toni

Jon said...

Thanks so much for sharing this. I look forward to the holidays and baking with my family. If you are like me and always looking for quality recipes, spices and dried herbs to have in the kitchen

Anonymous said...

Good article, good things, good feelings, good BLOG!